Radiant Barrier Spray
Blocks up to 80% of the Sun's Heat from Entering
Get up to $1,000 Rebate On A Radiant
Our radiant barrier spray is a high-tech coating that was originally developed by the U.S. military to make their vehicles invisible to heat-seeking missiles. Its remarkable heat-shielding properties make it an ideal radiant barrier for your home or business.
A single, thin coat of our spray applied to the underside of your roof deck will block up to 80% of the sun's radiant heat from entering your home through the attic.
And in winter, the same barrier will reflect back up to 80% of the heat that tries to escape from your home through the attic. Yet unlike foil substrates, our radiant barrier spray can be applied in a matter of hours instead of days. It goes on evenly, with no gaps or holes. And because it is sprayed on, it can easily be applied to existing roofs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a radiant barrier?
- A radiant barrier is an energy saving material installed in the attics of homes and buildings that is excellent at reflecting heat and poor at absorbing heat.
- Why do you use a spray-on radiant barrier?
- A spray-on radiant barrier is an innovative application of a high-tech material that reflects radiant heat. It has great advantages over previous types of radiant barriers (like foil) including better coverage and a longer effective life-span. It is sprayed over all nail punctures in a uniform manner, so there are no holes or gaps, it is not a vapor barrier so it will not contribute to mold, and it does not block antenna and mobile phone reception.
- How does it work?
- Radiant heat is generated by many of the things around us. In summer, the sun is the primary source of radiant energy. It heats the exterior of your home, and this heat eventually is conducted into the interior. In this case, the spray on barrier helps keep your home cool by reflecting back the suns radiant energy and preventing heat build-up in your attic.
- Won't my homes insulation do the same thing?
- No. While insulation is extremely important, it will not stop radiant heat transfer.
- What kind of testing has been performed to verify this products effectiveness?
- Independent research labs in the U.S. and Europe have tested spray-on radiant barriers and have confirmed their low emissivity values (the amount of radiant heat that can pass through it). Many utility companies around the United States have validated these findings by offering significant rebates for customers that install radiant barriers - check with your energy provider to see if you qualify.
- Does this spray have an odor?
- Like all paints, there is a minimal odor that dissipates within hours after application. Most homeowners will never notice any odor.
- How long does this product last?
- Our radiant barrier has the durability of a premium latex paint. It should give up to 25 years of service and energy savings.
- Does the energy-saving effect wear off over time?
- Over time the accumulation of dust and grime on your radiant barrier will diminish its effectiveness. However, since it is installed on the underside of your roof deck, it is safe to assume that minimal dust & grime will accumulate.
- How many coats of are required?
- Just one even coat is sufficient.
- Will more than one coat increase savings?
- No, only one coat is needed. Additional coats will not increase savings.
- If I have a coat of radiant barrier on the underside of my roof, do I still need insulation and ventilation?
- Yes. Radiant Barriers work in combination with effective insulation and proper attic ventilation to maximize your homes energy efficiency .